This sub-website is for SPA organisations doing Rio markers
Find here the powerpoints presented to the 23 August 2021 meeting (and 26 August).
Here you can see the total SPA budgets that MFA has registrated for each SPA for year 2020.
This Letter was sent to Danish NGOs before the meeting that had these attachments:
• Word file: "Granular climate finance tracking guide (August 2021, INKA Consult)". It explains why the MFA are conducting this granular exercise, explains the Rio marker methodology and how to use it, and explains what is requested of your organisation and how to fill out the Excel file.
• Excel: "Granular climate finance tracking - NGO SPA Rio markers (Add organisation name)". The Excel file contains a single table to be filled in for climate-relevant sub-projects, as outlined in the Word guide.
• PDF: "Annex 20 - Rio markers - OECD definitions, eligibility criteria and guidance". It contains the OECD's official guidance for Rio marking (which I referred to in the Word document).
Introduction to Danish reporting on Rio markers
- Denmark’s Monitoring Mechanism Regulation (MMR) reporting to EU for 2019 - see this Excel filefor Denmark’s climate finance commitments (including DanChurchAid, Danish Red Cross and CISU).
The point of departure for Rio Markers can be found in this OECD Annex 18 Guidelines (34 pages with many useful examples). Also a brief methodology overview from OECD.
- Denmark’s Monitoring Mechanism Regulation (MMR) reporting to EU for 2017, 2018 and 2019. Official figures on both Denmark’s climate finance commitments and disbursements can be accessed here.
Since 2017, INKA Consult has contributed with text and data to the Danish government's Biennial Reports to UNFCCC and Monitoring Mechanism Regulation MMR submissions to the European Union, including:
- Denmark’s Fourth Biennial Report to the UNFCCC (BR4, covering 2017-18). Official figures can be accessed at this link, with the 25 page finance chapter available at this link. Furthermore, we have made a brief 8 page version with key information available here.
- Denmark’s Third Biennial Report to the UNFCCC (BR3, covering 2015-16). Official figures can be accessed at this link, with the official report accessed here (see pages 304-325 for information surrounding climate finance).
- Denmarks MMR reporting to EU for 2018 (overview in table 7): Here a link to Excel with 2018 committments (tilsagn) og here a link to Excel with Danish disbursements (udbetalinger) during 2018. This include Rio markers on CISU portfolio.
Methodological note (for MMR to EU):
Denmark has in 2019 used the common tabular format (tables 7, 7(a) and 7(b)) for MMR reporting. Denmark reports both committed and disbursed funds for both bilateral and multilateral climate finance flows. The statistics refer to official development assistance given as grants, including interest grants and capital subscriptions to multilateral development banks, as well as equity acquisitions.
Much of the information on definitions or methodologies used for reporting in the common tabular format for the “UNFCCC biennial reporting guidelines for developed country Parties”, tables 7, 7(a) and 7(b), has already been included in the new documentation box attached to these tables.